The following Leadership news feed is provided courtesy of Forbes.com.
- People With Learning Disabilities In England Finally Prioritized For Covid Vaccineby Gus Alexiou, Contributor on February 25, 2021 at 7:05 am
The news that a further 150,000 adults with learning disabilities are to be prioritized for Covid-19 vaccination in England is most welcome indeed. Nevertheless, the authorities could have spared much anxiety and anguish by correctly identifying this clinically vulnerable group several months ago.
- An Untapped Talent Resource: People With Disabilitiesby Nicholas Wyman, Contributor on February 25, 2021 at 6:11 am
Whether hired from the outside or mentored from within, skilled and loyal employees are the backbone of any business.
- Corporations Face Challenges With Global Tax Policies Amid Covid-19by Rose Celestin, Contributor on February 25, 2021 at 2:00 am
Many finance organizations are still unprepared to tackle the COVID-19 economic landscape and associated global tax policy changes, according to EY’s Tax and Finance Operate (TFO) survey.
- The Case For Faking Humilityby Tomas Chamorro-Premuzic, Contributor on February 25, 2021 at 1:28 am
Given the choice, we should all prefer fake humility to honest arrogance, even if we still place true humility at the top.
- Total Wealth Of Tycoons On 2021 Forbes Hong Kong Rich List Rises Amid Pandemicby Forbes Press Releases, Forbes Staff on February 25, 2021 at 1:20 am
While the combined wealth of tycoons on the 2021 Forbes Hong Kong Rich List rose 7.5% to US$331 billion, up from $308 billion last year, more than half saw a pandemic-induced drop in their net worth.
- Jurassic Leadership And The Dinosaur Within Usby Luis E. Romero, Contributor on February 25, 2021 at 1:09 am
From dinosaurs to Homo sapiens, life has evolved from basic instincts to human consciousness. Sometimes, though, leaders choose to forgo consciousness while still using their human intelligence to pursue selfish interests. Organizations pay a high price for this. There is a better way to lead.
- Biden Administration Revokes Trump Visa Ban Saying It ‘Harms The United States’by Chantal Da Silva, Contributor on February 24, 2021 at 11:57 pm
President Joe Biden has revoked a visa ban introduced under President Donald Trump, asserting that it not only hurts would-be visa beneficiaries, but also “harms the United States” itself.
- 4 Steps To The Perfect LinkedIn Profileby Adrian Dayton, Contributor on February 24, 2021 at 10:09 pm
Think of LinkedIn like a footrace: at the center of the pack are a whole bunch of people.
- It’s Okay Not To Be Okay During A Pandemicby Sarah Ferguson, UNICEF USA on February 24, 2021 at 9:54 pm
UNICEF and partners are helping children and young people cope with trauma in the age of COVID-19.
- Scotland’s Whisky Industry Is Struggling — The Political Consequences Could Be Hugeby Alasdair Lane, Senior Contributor on February 24, 2021 at 9:39 pm
It’s been a torrid twelve months for Scotland’s world famous whisky industry. If the British government doesn't act, things could get worse.
- Are You Ready For Microsoft’s Future Workplace?by Laura Rittenhouse, Contributor on February 24, 2021 at 9:31 pm
CEO Satya Nadella revealed five company practices in his 2019 shareholder letter that are creating Microsoft’s future workplace. These practices are useful to Microsoft, and you can use them to evaluate the integrity, trustworthiness, and relevance of your company – and all companies.
- First COVID-19 Vaccines Arrive In Ghana: A Milestone For COVAXby Sarah Ferguson, UNICEF USA on February 24, 2021 at 9:30 pm
The largest vaccine procurement and supply operation in history is off to a running start.
- Change Your Name To Tullamore For A St. Paddy’s Day Trip To A Private Pub In The Desertby Tara Nurin, Contributor on February 24, 2021 at 9:04 pm
But is the #2 selling Irish whiskey brand telling you everything you need to know?
- Mindset Matters: Netflix, ‘Crip Camp’, And An Instrument For Groundbreaking Leadershipby Jonathan Kaufman, Contributor on February 24, 2021 at 8:28 pm
This column explores how the Netflix film Crip Camp: A Disability Revolution produced By Former President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama offers significant insight into leadership skills for the 21st Century.
- Honesty, Transparency And Data Collection: Improving Customer Trust And Loyaltyby Daniel Newman, Contributor on February 24, 2021 at 7:58 pm
Companies like Google and Facebook have built empires from data, but due to countless breaches and threats, there’s finally some push back on what used to seem like an unregulated aspect of business. Exploring the role of privacy, its application, and what lies ahead.
- Britain’s Home Office Blames Asylum Seekers For Covid Outbreak At Military Barracksby Chantal Da Silva, Contributor on February 24, 2021 at 7:54 pm
Britain’s Home Secretary Priti Patel has blamed a recent coronavirus outbreak at a military barracks in Folkestone, Kent, where dozens of men seeking refuge in the UK are being held, on the asylum seekers themselves, accusing residents at the camp of spreading the virus by “mingling”.
- How Giving Up Ableist Insults Can Help Heal Our Politicsby Andrew Pulrang, Contributor on February 24, 2021 at 7:30 pm
we might find that kicking the habit of insulting people based on intelligence and sanity is a remarkably low-cost way to lower the temperature of politics, and turn us away from petty name-calling so we can focus on the conflicts that really matter.
- How Mental Health Startup The Phoenix Project Is Making Mental Health Care More Accessible To Allby Steven Aquino, Contributor on February 24, 2021 at 7:17 pm
The organization describes itself as a digital community that is working to take the aforementioned stigma away from mental health and empower people to “rise” (hence the name) all while promoting awareness for the importance of a healthy mind.
- After Failure, Here Are 2 Indicators For Future Success Learned From NBA Champsby Don Yaeger, Senior Contributor on February 24, 2021 at 6:47 pm
This week, I watched the NBA's Golden State Warriors suffer an embarrassing defeat and then counter it with two steps that truly indicate success is in their near future. Two habits that we should all strive to replicate as we navigate through our respective work environments.
- The Next Generation Leader: Lessons From Amanda Gormanby Dr. Richard Osibanjo, Contributor on February 24, 2021 at 6:44 pm
How many Amandas are out there who have gifts, but only share them in the privacy of their bathroom, in front of the dressing mirror, or just bottle it? Gifts are like seeds; they must be planted in the right environment for them to blossom. Don't deny the world of creative solutions only you...