1. Include a Clause Covering the Possibility of an Acquisition:
2. Clearly State Your Data Collection Policies:
- What information does the company collect and how does it do so?
- How does the company protect the information it collects?
- How does the company use the information it collects?
- Does the company share the information it collects with others, and if so, what is shared and with whom is the information shared?
- Do customers have control over their personal data, and if so, what control do they have?
4. Have a COPPA Compliant Policy for Users Under 13 Years Old:
5. Be Clear About Your No Spamming Policy:
Finally, it’s important to remember that whatever you say that you’re going to do with respect to protecting your user’s information or not selling their data, you should actually follow up on. While enforcement is spotty, the FTC does have the power and does on occasion actually prosecute companies that violate the promises in their privacy policies.