The Leadership Imperative -
Extend Your Hand!
What does being ‘of service’ really mean in the hard nosed reality of business,
and business relationships? How can I reach you? What can I do to gain
your confidence and loyalty? What is it that you value as a customer in these
tough and turbulent times? What does great performance, in terms of being
‘of service,' really look like?
I think the answer is very simple, if you keep it uncluttered and you stay
How can I contribute to your success? Period!
Extend your hand!
- What are the few keys to success in your unit or business?
- What is your advantage in the marketplace?
- What would great performance for your unit, your business, and yourself
in the coming year look like?
- What current or future developments will change the way you do business?
- What developments are impacting your unit’s activities and the company’s?
- What do you see coming in the future that will change the way you and
your company will do business?
- What do you and your unit plan to do to prepare for these developments
so you are ready before they occur?
- What are the biggest problems you face?
- What prevents you from achieving great performance?
- How can we help you achieve great performance today?
- How can we help you remove the obstacles that prevent you from achieving
great performance today?
- How can we help you prepare to achieve great performance in the future?
- How would you define great performance for me in the coming year that
will best contribute to your great performance?
- What would I have to do this week to earn a rating from you of 10 out
of 10 for perfect contribution to your great performance?
It all starts with a good look in the mirror - and then extending your
The Leadership Imperative is inspired by and incorporates many of the
concepts of - Flight of the Buffalo - Soaring to Excellence, Learning to
Let Employees Lead - by James Belasco and Ralph Stayer, Warner Books,
New York, 1994.
Sidorowicz is the Publisher and Editor of The
CEO Refresher and
the Minister of Culture of High
Many more articles in The Leadership Imperative
in The CEO Refresher Archives